Category Archives: Knockout.js
In this article, I am trying to implement HTML table as a grid with pagination using knockout.js. This is the easiest way to get page wise data from server using ASP.NET Web API (or WCF service) and display them as a grid.
Before we jump in to this article, let’s have a look at the standard definition of Knockout.js and ASP.NET Web API:
ASP.NET Web API is a framework that makes it easy to build HTTP services that reach a broad range of clients, including browsers and mobile devices. ASP.NET Web API is an ideal platform for building RESTful applications on the .NET Framework.
The Built in bindings are built into knockout.js and facilitate binding to attribute for elements. We can use multiple bindings separated by commas.
The built in bindings are categorized as:
1. Bindings to control text and appearance
1. Declarative Bindings – A simple way to bind a part of UI to data model.
2. Dependency Tracking – Automatically updates right part of UI when data model changes.
3. Templating – A simple way to make nested UIs as a function of view model data.
4. Trivially Extensible – With a just few line of code, we can implement custom behaviors as new declarative binding for easy reuse.